Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happiness.

As of lately I feel old... could it possibly be the fact that I am now twenty... or maybe perhaps with what I have filled my time with... I guess be your own judge... just don't judge me:)

 August hit and I thought hmm I've always wanted to learn how to quilt... so why not? I went to the expert: my cute lil grandma.  At first I was thinking she would sit by my side THE ENTIRE TIME... little did I know that I was pretty much on my own once she had taught me each of the four patterns. So yes I pulled out my sewing machine I had begged for Christmas 12 years back and got to work.. I can now say I have full appreciation for all the quilts I have seen made. WOW! are they beasts to create... not gonna lie, I enjoyed getting back to my sewing roots. I even listened to the amazing book
"The Help" while I sewed. Now I am gonna ship it off to get a cute pattern quilted on it. Can't wait to see the fully completed project!


I love peaches and more specifically peach smoothies... and with the new college year around the corner I thought I would get a head start with my cooking and what better way than canned peaches?
I may or may not have made 50 containers of Raspberry, Strawberry, and Blackberry Jam.

Temple visits have become a weekly habit. I enjoy doing baptism for the dead... and listening to the workers comment on my "pretty toes" :)


As of Lately: While in Utah I came across a book about being happy.... if you know me and my dirty reading habits (I wish I could read all day everyday) I quickly scanned the book... and from what I gathered from the first chapter is as follwed:
1.) Happiness comes in many forms. 2.) *Find the things in life that make you happy and do them*

The second one hit me hard. I quickly thought about a lot of my choices I had made over the past months and how a lot of them hadn't made me happy but rather others. I am the only one to blame for not taking charge of my life and doing the things that make me happy. This brings me to my point... I am going to be living for me, making choices for me, and doing the things that make me happy. Whether that consists of temple marathons, riding my bike for hours at end, running my little heart out, sewing for countless hours, canning peaches or making jam. I am creating my happiness.

*wherever you go, go with all of your heart*








No comments:

Post a Comment